Ajax will welcome APOEL Nicosia to the Johan Cruiff Arena for the 2nd leg of their Champions League playoff game. With the first leg ending in a goalless draw, can Ajax get the job done at home, or will APOEL pull off an upset? Read on for Ajax vs APOEL Nicosia betting tips and predictions.
The Dutch side would’ve been hoping to get an away goal, though they had to settle for a 0-0 in Cyprus. Now back on their own patch, last season’s season’s semifinalists know that they need to win, as any draw other than a 0-0 would mean elimination.
Despite playing at home, there wasn’t a great deal to like about APOEL’s effort last week. They did avoid defeat, while they also kept a clean sheet, but their lack of creativity in the final third is worrying, especially ahead of a trip to Johan Cruijff Arena.
- Ajax are unbeaten in their last 3 competitive fixtures against APOEL (W1 D2).
- Ajax have kept a clean sheet in their last 2 competitive fixtures against APOEL.
- Ajax are unbeaten in their last 3 UCL qualifying games (W1 D2).
- APOEL are unbeaten in 4 of their last 5 UCL qualifying games (W3 D1).
- APOEL have conceded just 1 goal in their last 5 UCL qualifying games.
Ajax vs APOEL Prediction
- APOEL were poor going forward last weekend and we can’t see them causing Ajax much problems here. We are expecting the hosts to assert their dominance on home soil and a 2-0 home win will be our prediction.
Check out our other free football prediction and tips for the featured matches this week.