Arsenal will welcome Nottingham Forest to the Emirates for this Carabao Cup fixture. After a thrilling 3-2 home league win against Aston Villa over the weekend, can the Gunners continue their good run of form? Read on for Arsenal vs Nottingham Forest betting tips and predictions.
The hosts are heavy favourites to book a spot in the next round. While it’s a well-known fact that the Carabao Cup isn’t a priority for Unai Emery and his men, the Gunners really need a piece of silverware sooner rather than later. That said, a cup exit to a lower league side on the back of a really poor start to the new campaign will be an embarrassment they cannot afford.
Meanwhile, it’s been a solid season for Forest so far. They were able to beat Barnsley 1-0 at home at the weekend, pushing them into the top 6. The club seems to be getting it right, especially given that they are now unbeaten since the opening day of the season. However, can Forest translate their good Championship form to this competition? Check out more of the latest Carabao Cup matches and get the most accurate football prediction by TipsPortal.
- Both teams have each won 1 of their last 2 competitive fixtures with each other.
- Arsenal have scored at least 2 goals in their last 4 competitive fixtures.
- 4 of Arsenal’s last 5 competitive fixtures have seen them concede at least 2 goals.
- Arsenal have scored at least 2 goals in 5 of their last 6 competitive fixtures.
- Nottingham Forest are unbeaten in their last 9 competitive fixtures (W6 D3), keeping 5 clean sheets.
- 3 of Nottingham Forest’s last 4 away competitive fixtures have seen both teams score.
Arsenal vs Nottm Forest Prediction
- It’s obvious that Unai Emery has yet to fix Arsenal’s defensive woes and given that Forest are in good form, we fancy both teams scoring here.
- It must be said that Arsenal showed great resolve to come back from 2-1 down to beat Villa last weekend despite playing a majority of the match with 10 men. As such, we are expecting them to see off the challenge of Nottingham Forest with a 3-1 win or better.
Check out our other free football tips for the featured matches this week.