This will undoubtedly be the biggest game in La Liga this weekend as Real Madrid travel to the Wanda Metropolitano to face cross-town rivals Atletico Madrid. Can the visitors extend their 6-match unbeaten run? Read on for Atletico Madrid vs Real Madrid betting tips and predictions.
The hosts will be hoping to build on their 2-0 win over Mallorca in midweek. Atleti were solid at the back and opened the scoring through Diego Costa in the 26th minute after the striker headed home an easy cross. Mallorca came close to equalizing early on in the second half before João Félix’s deflected shot in the 64th minute sealed the win. The visitors ended the game on a sour note though as Alvaro Morata saw red in the 77th minute.
Real Madrid, on the other hand, are currently sitting pretty at the top after enjoying a positive start to the season. Zidane’s hosted a stubborn Osasuna side at the Santiago Bernaubéu last time out, cruising past the Navarre side 2-0. Vinicius shone once again as the Brazilian teenager’s deflected shot opened the scoring 10 minutes from half-time. Debutant Rodrygo doubled Real’s lead with 15 minutes left, proving that the money the club paid for him is, so far, worth it.
With Barcelona struggling this season, this game is huge for both sides as it gives them a chance to pull away from the teams below them. Atlei’s home record has been near-perfect, as Simeone’s side has won 10 of their last 13 home league games. Coincidentally, it was Real Madrid who handed them their most recent defeat at their venue back in February. Check out more of the latest Spanish La Liga matches and get the most accurate football prediction by TipsPortal.
- Atletico have drawn 4 of their last 5 competitive fixtures against Real Madrid (L1).
- Atletico are unbeaten in their last 10 home league games.
- 5 of Atletico’s last 6 league games have seen 2 or less goals scored.
- Real Madrid are unbeaten in their last 6 league games (W4 D2).
- Real Madrid have kept clean sheets in their last 2 league games.
Atletico Madrid vs Real Madrid Prediction
- Los Rajiblancos are generally a solid side at home and don’t concede many at home while they don’t score many either. Real Madrid struggled to break down Sevilla last weekend so we could see another low scoring affair again.
- This will be a close encounter as it has always been between these 2 teams. We think that Atletico can take out a win here and we are tipping the hosts for a 1-0 victory.
Check out our other free football tips for the featured matches this week.