After reclaiming top spot in Group E thanks to an easy win against Slovakia on Saturday morning, the Croats will be looking to remain on top by beating an Azerbaijan side that are yet to register a point after 4 games.
Qualifying certainly hasn’t gone well for Azerbaijan, who find themselves rock bottom on zero points after 4 matches. First time out, it did look as though they competed when taking on Croatia away from home, though the fact that they both scored and lost by 2 goals to 1 masked the fact that they were outplayed throughout the 90 minutes.
The visitors didn’t create many goal-scoring opportunities in that game and since then, they have lost to Hungary, Slovakia and most recently, Wales. They’ve conceded a total of 12 goals in this campaign, so it’s clear that they’re not up to much defensively.
One positive for Azerbaijan is that they’ve made their presence felt going forward by scoring a goal in each of their 4 Group E matches. If they can repeat the performance at this venue against Hungary on Matchday 2, then they might just have a slight chance of causing an improbable upset.
Croatia have encountered defensive problems of their own in qualifying though on a much smaller scale as compared to the hosts. Zlatko Dalic’s men have conceded in each of their first 3 matches, though they did an excellent job last week to keep Slovakia at bay, registering a 4-0 win in the process. Watch the exciting game for the match Azerbaijan vs Croatia, football streaming for free only on TipsPortal.
- Azerbaijan have lost their last 4 Euro qualifiers.
- Azerbaijan’s last 3 Euro qualifiers have seen both teams score.
- Azerbaijan have conceded at least 2 goals in their last 7 Euro qualifiers.
- Croatia have won 3 and lost 1 of their last 4 Euro qualifiers.
- 3 of Croatia’s last 4 Euro qualifiers have seen both teams score.
Azerbaijan vs Croatia Prediction
- Azerbaijan might have lost all 4 games thus far, but they have found the net in all 4. We are expecting them to do so against a Croatian side who have found it tough to keep opponents at bay.
- Croatia delivered an emphatic away performance last week as they swept aside Slovakia 4-0. They should be able to get the job done here if they manage to replicate that performance. As such, we are tipping the visitors for a 3-1 win or better.
Check out our other free football prediction and tips for the featured matches this week.