Blackburn Rovers are aiming to kick start the campaign with a win when they host Charlton in the new season of the EFL Championship. Can Tony Mowbray get his team to claim an opening day victory at Ewood Park? Follow our betting tips and predictions.
The Rovers have enjoyed a solid preseason campaign as they have won 4 of their last 5 matches going into the 2019/20 season. Off the pitch, they’ve done well, they have kept the core of the team by adding decent acquisitions over the summer and we expect them to improve this time around from last term result, where they recorded a 15th place finish after an up and down season.
Recently-promoted Charlton are a great addition to the Championship, but they are also a surprise side following a late surge to move into promotion contention. Lee Bowyer pulled them into this division despite plenty of resistance from outside and within. They edged a tight League One promotion race while dealing with boardroom issues which won’t seem to go away. However, there were serious issues which plagued Charlton last season, including a poor away record.
- Blackburn Rovers have won and kept a clean sheet in their last 3 home matches against Charlton.
- Blackburn Rovers have won 4, and drawn 1 in their last 5 preseason friendlies.
- Charlton have won only 1 of their last 6 games against Blackburn in all competitions (D1 L4).
- Charlton have won 4 and lost 3 of their 7 preseason friendlies.
Blackburn Rovers vs Charlton Prediction
- Blackburn and Charlton have scored a lot of goals during their preseason games. After both teams getting a good result, we predict that both teams are going to score here.
- Blackburn, who made a good start to life back in the Championship last season, have won their last 3 home matches against Charlton and we think that the home advantage should get them 3 points here, so we’re tipping this game with a 2-1 win for the hosts.
Check out our other free football prediction and tips for the featured matches this week.