Brazil and Colombia are set to face each other in an all-South American friendly at the Hard Rock Stadium. This will be a tough test for Tite’s side since winning the Copa America against Peru by a 3-1 scoreline. Their home soil triumph this summer has lifted spirits, but there’s another Copa America to look forward to this summer. The visitors are heading into this one on the back of an unlucky penalty shootout exit to Chile. As they return to action, we should see a new look Colombian side trying to get some momentum going ahead of next summer.
The hosts are aiming to build on that much-needed success after they failed to impress at the 2014 and 2018 World Cups. They regained a little pride with their home soil triumph after the 7-1 humiliation at the hands of Germany in the World Cup 5 years ago. Now, they are looking to build on this generation of talented players, especially that they have Neymar back amongst their ranks, leaving them with plenty of attacking options moving forward.
Colombia could be in trouble given their faith in youth this month. They’ve made major changes, although goalkeeper David Ospina has the chance to win his 100th cap. Outside of that, there’s a lot of inexperience, with 2 rookie goalkeepers, 4 defenders with fewer than 10 caps and a list of attackers who have barely scored an international goal. They are looking for a few breakthrough talents, but overall this squad has major issues which could see them fail to cope with the Brazilians’ firepower. Catch the latest update for International Friendly and get the best football prediction only in TipsPortal.
- 4 of their last 6 fixtures between these 2 teams have seen ‘Under 2.5 Goals’.
- Brazil have won 4, drawn 1, and lost 1 of their last 6 fixtures against Colombia.
- Brazil are unbeaten in their last 10 fixtures since the 2018 World Cup (W7 D3), keeping clean sheets in 7 of those games.
- Colombia are unbeaten in their last 6 fixtures (W5 D1), keeping clean sheets in all 6.
Brazil vs Colombia Prediction
- Neymar’s return is likely to gain plenty of attention after the PSG superstars missed out on the Copa America due to injury. Carlos Queiroz has selected a rather youthful side for this round of international fixtures and we doubt that they can cope against the Selecao. As such, we are tipping Brazil for a 2-0 win or better.
Check out our other free football tips for the featured matches this week.