Tottenham Hotspur’s 2019/20 season hit a new low when they were annihilated 7-2 by Bayern Munich in their midweek UCL group game. This was the first time that Spurs have conceded 7 times at home in the club’s history, and things seem to be going downhill for Saturday’s visitors at an alarming rate.
Spurs have now won just once in their last 5 and only 3 times in 10 competitive fixtures this season overall, and this weekend they take a dreadful away record to the south coast to play Brighton. Tottenham have lost 7 of their last 9 Premier League fixtures on the road since late February, drawing the other two during a shockingly poor run of form by their standards.
Saturday’s hosts Brighton were beaten 2-0 at Chelsea in their last Premier League outing, extending their winless run to 6 matches in the process, though the Blues needed a penalty and a deflected goal to breach Albion’s rearguard. They held Newcastle and Burnley to draws directly before their loss at Stamford Bridge and Graham Potter and his players should fancy their chances when they face a brittle looking Tottenham side. Check out more of the latest English Premier League matches and get the most accurate football prediction by TipsPortal.
- Brighton are winless in their last 6 league games (D3 L3).
- Brighton have failed to score in 4 of their last 5 league games.
- Tottenham have won 4 of their last 5 competitive fixtures against Brighton (D1).
- Tottenham are winless in their last 9 away league games.
- Tottenham have conceded at least 2 goals in each of their last 3 away league games.
Brighton vs Tottenham Prediction
- Tottenham might be the better team on paper. However, morale will be rock bottom in the visitors’ camp after their 7-2 defeat against Bayern Munich in their midweek UCL group game. The hosts will be the fresher team and we fancy them getting a point here with a 1-1 draw.
Check out our other free football tips for the featured matches this week.