Two of last season’s relegated sides are chasing a victory following early exits from the Carabao Cup. Now the Cottagers head to Wales for Saturday night’s big Championship clash.
The hosts have been incredibly inconsistent thus far. They are winless in their 3 away games this term but things are much better at the Cardiff City Stadium, with Cardiff having won both home games. It seems like Neil Warnock’s men have little trouble playing in front of their own support, which could help to edge the opening game of the weekend.
Fulham have ambitions of promotion, but they’ve already had issues this season. They produced a 3-game winning run this term, but following their midweek home defeat by Southampton the Cottagers have now lost 3 of 6 games played. The visitors make this trip after losing 4 of 5 meetings with the bottom 6 teams in the EPL last season so this could be a tough match for them.
- 5 of their last 6 competitive fixtures between these 2 teams have seen both teams score.
- Cardiff have won 2, drawn 1, and lost 3 of their last 6 competitive fixtures.
- Fulham are unbeaten in the last 5 of their last 6 competitive fixtures against Cardiff (W3 D2).
- Fulham have scored at least 2 goals in their last 4 trips to Loftus Road.
- Fulham have won 3 and lost 3 of their last 6 competitive fixtures.
Cardiff City vs Fulham Prediction
- The last 5 meetings between these 2 sides at Loftus Road have seen BTTS land. Given recent results, this should happen again.
- Given that both teams are rather similar in standard, it would be tough to pick a winner for this one. However, based on recent results, Fulham are the team in slightly better form, so we are tipping them for a 2-1 win here.
Check out our other free football prediction and tips for the featured matches this week.