CFR Cluj are the reigning champion of the Supercupa României and it seems that they are determined to extend their domination to Europe. They have picked up things from where they left before and are unbeaten at this point in the new league campaign. The home advantage of the squad will also complement the in-form squad but things could get challenging, considering the competitive spirit and the sheer quality of the incoming visitors.
Celtic have started the new season strongly and are fancied to prove a cut above CFR Cluj in their latest Champions League qualifier. Neil Lennon is hoping to go one better than Brendan Rodgers last season by guiding them into the group stages competition.
The Bhoys certainly took a step up under Rodgers, but they have shown some strong form this summer. They’ve managed to win 4 from 4 in Europe, a run which has seen them score 12 times and concede only twice. The Scottish club are now only two rounds shy of making it to the group stage, while they’ve won 4 of their last six playoff ties in this competition. History shows that once they navigate the third round they tend to make it, while they crashed out at this stage last season.
- CFR Cluj are unbeaten in their last 7 competitive fixtures. (W5 D2)
- CFR Cluj have managed only 2 clean sheet in their last 7 competitive fixtures.
- Celtic have won their last 5 matches.
- Celtic have kept clean sheets in their last 3 games.
- Both teams come into this game in good goalscoring form. We are expecting an open game of football here and we should see some goals.
- Celtic come into this clash in form. They have won their previous 4 matches in the qualifiers but the Bhoys are making a tough trip to Cluj this week. The hosts have won both home matches in the last 2 qualifying matches and with home advantage, we’re tipping them to win 2-1 here.
CFR Cluj vs Celtic Predictions
CFR Cluj 0 (2.08) BTTS yes (2.09)
Check out our other free football prediction and tips for the featured matches this week.