Charlton were among the early pacesetters in the promotion chase, but they seem to have fallen off the pace after losing their last 2 league games. The hosts have taken a hit recently, as the absence of Lyle Taylor has left them toothless upfront. The players who were expected to step up have failed to do so and are struggling to score after defeats to Birmingham and Wigan.
No one can now doubt the impact that Marcelo Bielsa has had on Leeds. It was evident from their style of play for the last year, but the fact that he led them to a FIFA Fair Play award may be his most momentous achievement to date. Back on the pitch, Bielsa is unlikely to have any doubters, given that his side are top of the table.
Leeds are looking like favourites for promotion, even in their minor setbacks. They dominated their only defeat of the season and bossed the game, while their fans were gutted by a 1-1 draw with play-off finalists Derby at the weekend. Bielsa is setting new expectation levels, especially in their away games.
The visitors have now won their last 5 away games, dating back to their 1-0 success at Derby in the playoffs. They put in complete displays in their first 3 trips, while they pulled off 2 goals in the last 6 minutes at Barnsley to pull off a 2-0 victory. Check out more of the latest EFL Championship matches and get the most accurate football prediction by TipsPortal.
- 4 of their last 6 competitive fixtures between these 2 teams have seen both teams score.
- Charlton are unbeaten in their last 5 competitive fixtures against Leeds (W3 D2).
- Charlton have lost their last 2 league games, failing to score in those games.
- Leeds are unbeaten in 7 of their last 8 league games (W5 D2).
- Leeds have won their last 5 away league games.
- Leeds have kept a clean sheet in their last 3 away league games.
Charlton vs Leeds United Prediction
- Charlton have a better H2H record against Leeds. However, the visitors are coming into this game in fantastic form and currently sit 1st in the league table with 5 wins and 2 draws in their last 8 league games. Considering that the hosts have lost their last 2 games, we are backing Leeds to get a 2-0 win here.
Check out our other free football tips for the featured matches this week.