Frank Lampard’s Blues will be looking for back to back wins in the EPL when they take on Sheffield United this coming weekend. Frank Lampard finally earned his first victory as manager of Chelsea last time out in a thrilling encounter at Carrow Road. Now they are up to face off against another newly promoted club, Sheffield United.
The Blues’ 3-2 win over Norwich was a stunner for both sides, with Norwich equalising twice against their illustrious opponents before eventually falling behind to a stunning goal from Tammy Abraham. It was a much-needed win for a club going through a definite transition as Eden Hazard’s departure left them without a talisman and restricted them from getting a replacement due to a transfer ban.
Meanwhile, the Blades were beaten 2-1 by Leicester City last weekend but drew their first league game against Bournemouth and beat Crystal Palace in their 2nd fixture. Chris Wilder’s side have found the net in each of their 4 competitive games this season and have picked up 4 points in 3 league games, which isn’t a bad return.
- Chelsea are unbeaten in their last 10 home league games.
- Chelsea have won 1, drawn 2, and lost 1 of their last 4 competitive fixtures.
- Sheffield have scored in each of their last 4 competitive fixtures.
- Sheffield have won 2, drawn 1, and lost 1 of their last 4 competitive fixtures.
Chelsea vs Sheff Utd Prediction
- Chelsea have been leaking goals while Sheffield have scored in every game this season. Taking those stats into account, we think that both teams should score here.
- Chelsea haven’t looked convincing thus far under Frank Lampard. However, with home advantage here, we think that Chelsea should win but we are tipping them to win only 2-1, which means backing the visitors on the Asian Handicap.
Check out our other free football prediction and tips for the featured matches this week.