Chicago Fire are winless in the last 5 games (L4 D1) and they will try to bounce back when they welcome one of the Eastern Conference’s high flying sides, DC United at their home. The visitors sit 3rd in the table, 4 points behind league leaders Philadelphia Union, but could move back into the 2nd spot at the expense of Atlanta United this weekend.
Chicago Fire made the trip to Pennsylvania last timeout to face the Eastern Conference leaders Philadelphia Union and they went behind early in the match to a goal scored by Marco Fabian in the 11th-minute. Heading into the second half, Chicago Fire tried to find an equalizer, but a second goal for the home side in the 65th-minute from Anthony Fontana became the exclamation point for the visitors to end the game in defeat.
DC United made the trip to Georgia without Wayne Rooney and they were beaten easily by Atlanta United with a 2-0 scoreline. Both sides were goalless at the break and their match seems to remain that way until Gonzalo Nicolas Martinez and Josef Martinez scored late to secure the victory.
- 4 of the last 6 meetings between these 2 teams have seen 3 or more goals scored.
- Chicago are unbeaten in 5 of their last 6 meetings with DC United (W2 D3).
- Chicago Fire have failed to win 10 of their last 11 games (D4 L6).
- Chicago Fire have conceded at least 2 goals in their last 3 MLS matches.
- DC United are winless in 9 of their last 11 MLS games (D6 L3).
Chicago Fire vs DC United Predictions
- Chicago Fire are struggling to find their best form in the 2019 MLS season and they must be under big pressure right now ahead of the visit of DC United. The last 2 encounters between them have ended in draws and based on their recent form, we are tipping this game to end in a 2-2 draw.
DC United +1 | Odds: 1.70
Check out our other free football prediction and tips for the featured matches this week.