After a gritty 1-0 win in Austria last week, Club Brugge have put themselves in a strong position ahead of the 2nd leg of this UCL playoff tie at the Jan Breydel Stadium. The Belgians know that a draw in front of a home crowd will be sufficient to progress to the group stages.
After a 3-3 goalfest away against Dynamo Kiev in the previous round, Brugge would’ve been hoping for a more controlled effort in Austria and that’s exactly what the Belgians delivered. Philippe Clement’s men adopted a pragmatic approach, which restricted their opponents to just 1 shot on target throughout the 90 minutes of the first leg.
The fact that Linz struggled at both ends of the pitch a week ago does not bode well ahead of this match, as they were poor on the road during the previous round. Despite winning at Basel, LASK found it tough to forge regular scoring opportunities. They registered only 3 shots on target, though 2 of those resulted in goals. More will be needed if they’re to turn this tie on its head.
- Club Brugge have kept a clean sheet in 5 of their last 6 competitive fixtures.
- Club Brugge are unbeaten in their last 6 competitive fixtures (W5 D2).
- LASK Linz are unbeaten in 8 of their last 9 competitive fixtures (W7 D1).
- LASK Linz have failed to score in just 1 of their last 9 competitive fixtures.
Club Brugge vs LASK Linz Prediction
- Brugge were pretty solid in the 1st leg and considering the fact that they didn’t give much away defensively and weren’t exactly attacking-minded either, we think that this will be a low scoring affair.
- The Belgians were solid at home in the previous round as well, beating Dynamo Kyiv 1-0. We think that they can deliver a similar performance here and we are tipping them for another narrow 1-0 win or better.
Check out our other free football prediction and tips for the featured matches this week.