Germany will play host Netherlands for their 4th meeting in 12 months. The 2 old rivals will be fighting for an automatic spot in Euro 2020, and a defeat here could leave either side in trouble. Can Germany extend their winning run? Read on for Germany vs Netherlands betting tips and predictions.
The hosts are recovering from an awful 2018 which brought a World Cup group stage exit along with Nations League relegation. Those issues have cast a shadow over the 2014 World Cup winners, who are aiming to go all the way at Euro 2020 in response. So far, they’ve made a perfect start in their qualifying bid with 3 wins from 3 games. They come into this weekend’s clash targeting another victory to move them level on points with Northern Ireland.
Meanwhile, Netherlands have played just 2 games in this group after making the Nations League finals and we will see them in action 6 times between now and November, while they could start off with 2 defeats in 3 this week. Holland lost 3-2 at home to Germany back in March and another loss in Hamburg this week would put enormous pressure on their next 2 meetings with Estonia and group leaders Northern Ireland. Sign up and get your latest free football prediction and betting tips only in TipsPortal.
- Germany have won 2, drawn 1 and lost 1 of their last 4 competitive fixtures against Netherlands.
- The last 4 competitive fixtures between these 2 teams have seen 3 or more goals scored.
- Germany have won their last 3 EURO qualifying games.
- Netherlands have won 1 and lost 1 of their last 2 EURO qualifying games.
Germany vs Netherlands Prediction
- Germany and Netherlands have shown plenty of attacking quality in recent games and seeing that both of them like to get forward in numbers, we think that this could be a high scoring affair.
- The hosts have been rampant in their last 3 games, scoring 13 goals and conceding just twice, which was against Netherlands in the reverse fixture. The hosts are the slightly better team in all areas of the pitch, so we are tipping them to extend their 100% winning record with a 2-1 win or better.
Check out our other free football tips for the featured matches this week.