This will be a crucial clash for both teams as they aim to book a spot in next year’s continental showpiece. The World champions are aiming to follow up a run of 5 wins in 6 games, which has put them inside the top 2 in the chase for a spot at the next major tournament. Having made back to back finals at Euro 2016 and their victorious World Cup run, it would be a major upset if the French failed to secure automatic qualification in Group H.
Iceland are the team playing catch up, with 3 points between them and 2nd placed France who are behind Turkey on goal difference. The hosts are pushing for a top-two finish, having pulled off a 2-1 victory at home to Turkey earlier in the qualifying campaign. Their 4-2 defeat at Albania really hurt their chances and another defeat here would see them fall behind both Turkey and France by 6 points if Turkey manage to beat Albania in the other group game. Don’t miss more of the latest Euro Qualification matches and get the most accurate football prediction by TipsPortal.
- Iceland are winless in their last 4 fixtures against France (D1 L3).
- Iceland have won 4 of their last 6 fixtures (L2).
- France have won 6 of their last 7 fixtures (L1).
- France have kept 4 clean sheets in their last 6 fixtures.
- France have scored at least 3 goals in 5 of their last 7 fixtures.
Iceland vs France Prediction
- France might be the better team on paper but 2 of their last 4 road trips have ended in 2-0 defeats against the likes of Netherlands and Turkey. Iceland are a pretty solid outfit at home and seeing that France have a mini defensive crisis on their hands, we are tipping the hosts to at least avoid defeat here with a 1-1 draw or better.
Check out our other free football tips for the featured matches this week.