Group J leaders Italy will be looking for their 7th straight win in the European Championships qualifiers when they take on an out of form Greek side at the Stadio Olimpico in Rome. Can the visitors muster a performance to deny Italy? Read on for Italy vs Greece betting tips and predictions.
The Italians have coasted through qualification thus far, making light work of their group opponents, and as a result the Azzurri already have one foot in next year’s European Championships Finals. They have scored an impressive 18 goals in their 6 group games so far, but they also continue to be one of the most defensively disciplined teams in international football, having conceded just thrice in the same period.
Their opponents this weekend Greece, have had a torrid Euro 2020 qualification campaign to date and are currently 7 points away from an automatic qualification spot. Their opening day 2-0 win at Liechtenstein remains their only victory in Group J so far, and John van ‘t Schip’s men take a record of just 2 wins in 10 matches overall into their tough fixture in Rome this weekend. Don’t miss more of the latest Euro Qualification matches and get the most accurate football prediction by TipsPortal.
- Italy have won their last 6 fixtures.
- Italy have kept 3 clean sheets in their last 4 home fixtures.
- Greece are winless in their last 6 fixtures (D2 L4).
- Greece have conceded at least 2 goals in 4 of their last 6 fixtures.
Italy vs Greece Prediction
- The Italians got an easy 3-0 win the last time these 2 teams met in the reverse fixture back in June. Based on current form, the visitors look powerless to resist and we are tipping Italy for another 3-0 victory on home soil.
Check out our other free football tips for the featured matches this week.