Bayer Leverkusen will head to Turin to meet Juventus in this UCL Matchday 2 clash. There’s little secret about the fact that winning this competition is now paramount for Juve given that they are widely expected to retain their Serie A title, though Inter Milan will be challenging them for it. However, the hosts do have major issues which could peg them back in the latter stages. Before that, they are expected to keep up their good form with a win over the Bundesliga side.
Juve have found themselves with a domestic challenger this term, as Inter Milan’s perfect start has left Juve 2 points shy of first place. The looming Derby d’Italia with Inter at the weekend could be a distraction here, so it’s up to Maurizio Sarri to keep his men on point for this game. The new Juve boss will be expecting his side to keep up their strong recent form, while the bookies have made them heavy favourites to win this clash.
Bayer aren’t in a great position in this group, following their shocking 2-1 loss to Lokomotiv Moscow at home a few weeks back. They won just twice in their last 14 games in this competition. With that form behind them and a tough trip to Turin, they could find it tough to navigate their way out of this group. Check out more of the latest UEFA Champions League matches and get the most accurate football prediction by TipsPortal.
- Both teams have each won 1 of their last 2 UCL games against each other.
- Juventus are unbeaten in their last 7 competitive fixtures (W5 D2).
- Juventus have scored 2 goals in each of their last 4 competitive fixtures.
- 3 of Juventus’ last 4 competitive fixtures have seen both teams score.
- Bayer Leverkusen have lost 2 of their last 4 competitive fixtures (W2).
- Bayer Leverkusen have kept a clean sheet in their last 2 competitive fixtures.
Juventus vs Bayer Leverkusen Prediction
- The visitors have a poor record in this competition and were disappointing against Lokomotiv Moscow last time out. However, they have bounced back with 2 wins in their last 2 league games and have kept clean sheets in both. They will try to keep it tight against the Italians but we think the hosts will be too strong for them. As such, we are tipping Juve to win by just a 1-0 scoreline.
Check out our other free football tips for the featured matches this week.