Arsenal will travel to Anfield to face Liverpool in this English Premier League clash. Can Liverpool extend their 39-match unbeaten run at home or can Arsenal put an end to their miserable H2H record against Liverpool? Read on for Liverpool vs Arsenal betting tips and predictions.
Liverpool’s 2-1 win over Southampton last weekend may have lifted them to the top of the Premier League table, but their performances this season have raised some worrying concerns for Jurgen Klopp’s men, especially in defence.
Including their European Super Cup victory over Chelsea, the Reds have conceded 4 goals in 3 games. Their second-half performance against a Norwich side who were 4-0 down was disappointing, and they came under repeated pressure from Southampton last weekend. Defensively, they simply don’t seem to be at the level they were the last term.
Fortunately for them, their attack looks as lethal as ever. They have scored 8 goals in 3 games and their defence destroying front 3 have already bagged 5 goals between them. This will be the main threat to a visiting Arsenal side who aren’t exactly solid at the back.
Unai Emery’s side actually sits 2nd in the Premier League table having also won their opening 2 fixtures, beating Newcastle and Burnley thanks to Alexandre Lacazette and Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang’s efforts.
However, against Burnley, Ashley Barnes and Chris Wood gave the Arsenal backline a torrid evening and it’s very unlikely to be easier when they face Liverpool. One only needs to look at their record last season to get an understanding of how fragile their defence is.
They conceded 35 goals in 19 Premier League away days last season, which is more than Crystal Palace, Leicester, Watford, Wolves, West Ham, Everton, Newcastle, and even Cardiff conceded. The Gunners have kept just 2 away clean sheets in the league since the start of last season, and now they’re coming up against a Liverpool side that have scored in all but 1 of their Premier League home games in the same period.
- 5 of the last 6 competitive fixtures between these 2 teams have seen both teams score.
- Liverpool’s last 6 home competitive fixtures against Arsenal have all seen 3 or more goals scored.
- Liverpool have won their last 3 home competitive fixtures against Arsenal.
- Liverpool have won their last 2 league games.
- Arsenal are winless in their last 8 competitive fixtures against Arsenal (D4 L4).
Liverpool vs Arsenal Prediction
- Both teams have looked sharp in attack this season and given that the majority of the recent meetings between the 2 have seen both teams score, we think that this is likely to happen again.
- Liverpool have been extremely dominant at home since last season and their 39-match unbeaten streak at Anfield is a testament to that. We are expecting Liverpool to claim all 3 points here and we are tipping this game to end 3-1 in favour of the hosts.
Check out our other free football prediction and tips for the featured matches this week.