Current league leaders Liverpool will host 3rd placed Leicester City at Anfield on Saturday, where Jurgen Klopp’s title-chasers will be out to maintain their perfect start to the new season. The Reds’ 7-match winning streak came under serious threat last weekend in their slender 1-0 win at Sheffield United, and the Reds have looked a little short of their usual imperious selves in recent weeks.
The European champions threw a 3-goal lead away at home to Austrian outfit Red Bull Salzburg in mid-week on Merseyside before eventually recovering to win 4-3 after Salah’s late goal. That performance shone another unflattering light on the team’s continuing problems at the back, with Liverpool keeping just 3 clean sheets in their last 11 competitive fixtures.
Leicester were the bookies’ favourite to break into the Premier League’s top 6 this season, and Brendon Rodger’s team have certainly been living up to that billing. The Foxes have lost just once in their last 9 matches in all competitions, with their solitary defeat coming in a narrow 0-1 reverse at Old Trafford against Man Utd.
That was just the second time in 2019/20 that Leicester failed to score, and they have looked razor sharp in front of goal last week in a 5-0 drubbing of Newcastle United. With that kind of form going, the former Liverpool boss will surely have confidence that his team can break Liverpool’s 16-match winning run. Check out more of the latest English Premier League matches and get the most accurate football prediction by TipsPortal.
- 5 of Liverpool’s last 6 home league games against Leicester have seen both teams score.
- Liverpool are unbeaten in their last 8 home competitive fixtures against Leicester.
- Liverpool have won their last 16 league games.
- Liverpool’s last 4 home competitive fixtures have seen both teams score.
- Liverpool have scored at least 2 goals in their last 10 home league games.
- Leicester have won 4 of their last 5 league games (L1).
- Leicester have scored at least 2 goals in 4 of their last 5 league games.
Liverpool vs Leicester City Prediction
- Both teams are coming into this game in fantastic goalscoring form and we think that we should see both teams score here.
- Liverpool are firm favourites to secure 3 points here and rightly so. They might have problems at the back to fix but their attack has bailed them out on many occasions. We are anticipating an end-to-end encounter here and we are tipping Liverpool for a 3-2 victory or better.
Check out our other free football tips for the featured matches this week.