Lyon will be looking to build on their perfect start when they host Hertha Berlin at the Groupama Stadium. Both teams have won comfortably in their opening games, but the question is which team will maintain a 100% record?
Les Gones proved their worth in the opening match of the season with a 3-0 away win over Monaco, with Moussa Dembele, Memphis Depay, and Lucas Tousart all getting on the scoresheet. Lyon made several changes to their squad during the summer transfer window, after losing their 3 star players Tanguy Ndombele, Nabil Fekir and Ferland Mendy for a combined fee of £115 million. To replace them, they brought in Joachim Andersen from Sampdoria, Thiago Mendes and Youssouf Koje from Lille, as well as Jean Lucas from Flamengo.
Angers kicked off the new Ligue 1 campaign with a thrilling 3-1 victory over Bordeaux, thanks to Jeff Reine-Adelaide, Mathias Pereira Lage, and Thomas Mangani as they completed the comeback after Bordeaux striker Nicolas de Preville scored the opening goal in the 4th minute of the match. Like Lyon, Angers also lost their star man over the summer after Flavien Tait left for Rennes, with the club reinvesting the funds to bring in Sada Thioub and Rachid Alioui, both joining from Nimes.
- The last 5 competitive fixtures have seen both teams score.
- Both teams have scored 3 goals in their last competitive fixtures.
- Lyon have won 4 of their last 6 competitive fixtures with Angers (D2).
Lyon vs Angers Prediction
- The last 5 competitive fixtures between Lyon and Angers have seen both teams score. Given their performances in their last league game, we think that it might happen again here.
- Both teams have started the season perfectly despite losing their best players. Lyon are the better side on paper heading into this game and unbeaten in the last 6 competitive fixtures over Angers, so we’re tipping this one to end in a 2-1 win for the hosts, which means backing the visitors on the Asian Handicap.
Check out our other free football prediction and tips for the featured matches this week.