Turkey are on the same level on points with Group H leaders France after beating Andorra last time out and it only means that they’re likely to go to Moldova full of confidence. The hosts stand little chance of progressing, but that shouldn’t stop them fighting for what would be their 2nd win in qualifying.
Moldova have been struggling in Group H, but there’s been very little for the hosts to shout about in qualifying. They do have 3 points on the board courtesy of their 1-0 victory over Andorra. However, they’ve scored just 2 goals in 5 matches and have conceded a worrying 13 goals. The tiny hope of getting close to a top 2 position that they had at the start of the campaign is now very much a thing of the past.
Turkey are one of the front runners to make it into the next round and they will be settling for nothing less than the win when they make the trip at the Zimbru Stadium. When the pair met earlier in the campaign, the visitors won by 4 goals to nil. On that occasion, the Moldovans failed to test Turkish keeper Mert Gunok.
As of now, the Turks have enjoyed a pleasing campaign as they currently occupy the 2nd place and are only behind the world champions on goal difference. Given that Iceland who’re also in hot pursuit of the top 2, this is going to be an opportunity for Senol Gunes side to cement themselves as favourites to qualify. Get to witness more for the match Moldova vs Turkey with our accurate football prediction only here in TipsPortal.
- Moldova have lost 8 of their last 9 Euro qualifiers.
- Moldova have conceded at least 2 goals in 4 of their last 5 Euro qualifiers.
- Turkey have won 7 of their last 8 fixtures against Moldova.
- Turkey have kept a clean sheet in 5 of their last 6 Euro qualifiers.
- Turkey have won 5 of their last 6 Euro qualifiers.
Moldova vs Turkey Prediction
- Moldova may have the home advantage here, but the visitors have lots of talented players. The hosts don’t look capable of causing an upset given what we’ve seen from them in recent games. Turkey are coming in great form as they’ve won 4 of their last 5 Euro qualifying games. As such, we are backing the visitors for a 2-0 win or better.
Check out our other free football tips for the featured matches this week.