Monaco manager Leonardo Jardim has seen nothing but criticism since returning to the principality and it’s easy to see why as his side are still winless after their first 6 league games.
Monaco’s real problem has been the big difference with how they defend and attack. They have created plenty of quality chances going forward but they have also conceded the second most chances in the league. This focus on attack has helped them create chances but with such a poor backline, they have rarely been able to hold on to those leads.
Monaco switched to a 3-5-2 formation in their last match to try and alleviate their defensive issues and it worked as they kept a clean sheet in a goalless draw against Reims. However, it hindered their attack as they hardly created anything of quality.
Nice have lost that defensive solidity that won them so many points last season but their switch to a more attacking style of play has brought them similar results. Each of Nice’s 6 games this season have finished 2-1 with Les Aiglons ending up victorious on 4 of those occasions. Check out more of the latest French Ligue 1 matches and get the most accurate football prediction by TipsPortal.
- Monaco are unbeaten in 5 of their last 6 home competitive fixtures against Nice (W3 D2).
- Monaco are winless in their last 6 league games (D3 L3).
- Monaco have conceded at least 2 goals in 5 of their last 6 league games.
- Nice have won 4 and lost 2 of their last 6 league games, all by 2-1 scorelines.
Monaco vs OGC Nice Prediction
- The new season hasn’t brought any joy to Leonardo Jardim and his men as they are still winless after 6 games. They’ve conceded 9 goals in their last 3 home league games and we think that Nice can take advantage of that poor defending to grab a 2-1 win.
Check out our other free football tips for the featured matches this week.