New England will be looking to stay in the playoffs when they host Orlando City at the Gillette Stadium. New England are very keen to hold the final playoff spot heading into Sunday’s match as the visitors sit 2 places and 4 points behind them in the Eastern Conference.
The Revs made the trip to Ohio recently to face FC Cincinnati and they control the majority of the possession to snatch a final 2-0 result from Carles Gil’s 9th-minute effort and Antonio Delamea Mlinar’s 55th goal.
Orlando City, on the other hand, ended up losing the match despite their home court advantage over New York RB. The Lions grabbed 60% of the overall possession and created goal scoring opportunities but they weren’t able to convert any which led for the Bulls to score in the 32nd minute from Brian White to claim a narrow 1-0 victory.
- 4 of the last 6 encounters between these 2 teams have seen 4 or more goals scored in each game.
- 4 of the last 6 encounters between these 2 teams have seen both teams score.
- New England have won to nil in 3 of their last 4 home games against Orlando City (D1).
- New England are unbeaten in their last 10 MLS games (W6 D4).
- Orlando are unbeaten in 4 of their last 5 MLS away games (W2 D2).
New England vs Orlando City Prediction
- The recent head-to-head record between these two sides suggests that New England will win to nil on Sunday. The hosts were explosive at home against Orlando City in their last 4 matches (W3 D1), so we are tipping the New England to win 2-1 here.
New England -0.5 | Odds: 1.65 | Score: 2-1
Check out our other free football prediction and tips for the featured matches this week.