Nottingham Forest may have kicked off their season with a 2-1 defeat to West Brom, but they have managed to improve since then and head into this clash with Preston on a high. Both teams have each managed to build up some decent momentum and this should be a competitive 90 minutes of football.
Forest are unbeaten since their opening day defeat and come into this fixture following a comprehensive 3-0 victory over old rivals Derby County in the midweek Carabao Cup fixture and it’s been a great week for the hosts. That was their 4th win in 5 matches as they also edged out Fulham 2-1 at Craven Cottage last weekend.
Preston makes this trip on the back of a penalty shootout win against Hull after a 2-2 draw at home in normal time. After a summer of discontent, due to lack of investment at Deepdale, Preston fans should be pleased with how they have started the season. They have moved into the top 6 after some stellar results and will be hoping that they can keep this run going.
- 9 of the last 10 competitive fixtures between these 2 teams have seen 2 or less goals scored.
- Nottingham Forest are unbeaten in their last 6 competitive fixtures (W4 D2).
- Preston are unbeaten in their last 6 competitive fixtures against Nottingham Forest W2 D4), keeping a clean sheet in their last 3.
- Preston are unbeaten in 5 of their last 6 competitive fixtures (W4 D1).
- Preston’s last 4 competitive fixtures have seen both teams score.
Nottm Forest vs Preston Prediction
- Both teams are coming into this game in fantastic form. However, Preston are really poor travelers and have lost their last 6 road trips in the league. This will be a golden chance for Forest to improve their poor H2H record against Preston and we are tipping the hosts for a 2-1 win.
Check out our other free football prediction and tips for the featured matches this week.