PSV struggled through the last round against Haugesund despite not conceding a single goal, as they went through 1-0 on aggregate, while Apollon won home and away against Austria Wien to claim their place in the next round, winning 5-2 on aggregate.
When you look at these two teams on paper, their form, and performances over the last weeks PSV are the obvious choice to win this matchup but there are unlikely to be many goals in the game and the hosts are in with a great chance of keeping a clean sheet. The hosts are undefeated in their last 5 matches, picking up wins against Heracles, Den Haag, and Haugesund, whilst drawing against Twente and their 2nd leg against Haugesund.
Apollon have conceded in each of their last 4 matches, all of which were in the Europa League qualifiers. One of those qualifying matches away at Shamrock Rovers ended in a shock 2-1 defeat for Apollon but they recovered in the 2nd leg and did much better in the next round against Austria Wien.
- This will be the first competitive meeting between PSV and Apollon Limassol.
- PSV are unbeaten in their last 5 competitive fixtures (W3 D2).
- PSV have kept clean sheets in 3 of their last 4 competitive fixtures.
- Apollon have won 7 of their last 8 Europa League fixtures.
PSV vs Apollon Prediction
- PSV’s recent results suggest that they should be able to get the better of Apollon Limassol. The hosts have kept clean sheets in 3 of their last 4 competitive fixtures, while the visitors, who are in good scoring form, have conceded goals in each of their last 4 Europa League qualifiers. PSV are also the favourites to win here, so we are backing them to grab a 3-1 win.
Check out our other free football prediction and tips for the featured matches this week.