Red Star Belgrade and FC Copenhagen are set to play each other at the Rajko Mitic Stadium for the 1st leg of their Champions League qualification tie. The hosts were saved by the two-goal advantage that they had secured in the first leg of their tie with HJK Helsinki, as the return leg last week saw them fall to a 2-1 defeat. The loss brought their 5-match unbeaten run to a halt, and so the squad will definitely be hoping to bounce back against visitors FC Copenhagen here.
Facing the Danish outfit won’t be easy, but the hosts come into this fixture off the back of some pleasing qualifying efforts. They may have lost the second leg against HJK but it’s fair to say that their defeat wasn’t exactly merited as their performance deserved at least a draw.
Unlike their hosts, Copenhagen have taken part in just one qualifying round so far. The visitors go to Belgrade off the back of a comfortable 3-0 aggregate win over Welsh side TNS. They were up against weak opposition, but there was plenty to like about the way the Danes got the job done without a fuss. Away from home, they created more than their opponents on route to a 2-0 win, while they were similarly solid when topping up their lead, winning by a goal to nil, at home.
- Red Star Belgrade have won their last 4 home competitive fixtures.
- Red Star are unbeaten in 5 of their last 6 competitive fixtures (W4 D1).
- FC Copenhagen have won their last 6 competitive fixtures.
- Both teams have never met each other. Red Star Belgrade will be keen on avoiding back to back defeats at all cost when they welcome Copenhagen. The hosts are on a 4-match winning streak at home last month, 3 of which have seen the hosts win with a clean sheet intact.
- However, it’s not going to be an easy match as they face a Copenhagen side that have won their last 6 competitive fixtures. As such, we’re tipping this game to end in a 1-1 draw.
Red Star Belgrade vs Kobenhavn Prediction
BTTS yes (2.07)
Check out our other free football prediction and tips for the featured matches this week.