Scotland will be hoping to go level with the Russians by claiming 3 points in Glasgow this weekend. The hosts have produced a mixed bag of results in qualifying so far, with 2 wins and 2 losses. They did well to register victories against San Marino and Cyprus, but were massively disappointing against Kazakhstan in the opening round and were simply inferior against Belgium last time out.
Looking at Scotland’s previous home game, there should be optimism that they can get a result against last year’s World Cup quarterfinalists. Steve Clarke’s men were impressive going forward, as they looked a threat both in the possession and on the break against Cyprus in that 2-1 win. A repeat of such attacking efforts should give the Russian backline something to think about.
On the other hand, the visitors know that a win could see them go top of Group I. Russia have offered lots of attacking promise in qualifying, as they come into this match with a whopping 15 goals in 4 games. We can ignore their 9-0 win against San Marino, though their attacking efforts against Cyprus last time out bode well. A similar effort would certainly see Stanislav Cherchesov’s men hurt a Scottish back-line that has surrendered 7 goals in 4 qualifying matches. Check out more of the latest European Qualifiers matches and get the most accurate football prediction by TipsPortal.
- Scotland have won 2 and lost 2 of their last 4 EURO qualifying games.
- Russia have won 3 and lost 1 of their last 4 EURO qualifying games.
- Russia have won to nil in their last 3 EURO qualifying games.
- Russia have scored in all 4 of their Euro qualifying games.
Scotland vs Russia Prediction
- Russia are clearly the superior team based on their recent form as they’ve won their last 3 games. However, Scotland isn’t an easy team to face at Hampden Park. This will be a closely contested fixture and a 1-1 draw seems like a fair result for both teams.
Check out our other free football tips for the featured matches this week.