After a comfortable 2-0 win at Espanyol on the opening day, Sevilla made it 2 victories in a row last weekend as Joan Jordan’s 2nd half goal proved enough to sink newly promoted Granada at Los Carmenes. It’s been a perfect start to the campaign thus far for Julen Lopetegui’s team and the Spaniard will be hoping to extend that run when they welcome Celta Vigo to the Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan.
This is a really enticing fixture to kick-off Matchday 3 in La Liga, between 2 sides that picked up excellent victories last weekend. Sevilla emerged to a 1-0 triumph at Granada, whilst Celta bounced back from their 1-3 opening day defeat at home to Real Madrid with a fine 1-0 victory against Copa Del Rey holders Valencia at Balaidos, thanks to a moment of brilliance from new player Gabriel Fernandez.
With home advantage and loftier expectations, in general, this term, the pressure is undoubtedly on Sevilla to bag the points from this contest and they will be buoyed by the fact that it is a fixture which has been kind to them in recent seasons.
- Sevilla have won their last 4 home competitive fixtures against Celta Vigo.
- Sevilla have won to nil in their last 2 league games.
- Celta Vigo are winless in their last 12 away league fixtures.
- Celta Vigo have won 1 and lost 1 of their last 2 competitive fixtures.
Sevilla vs Celta Vigo Prediction
- Sevilla have beaten Celta Vigo in 5 of their last 6 meetings at the Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan. They are looking like a solid outfit this year and we are expecting them to extend their winning run in the league with a 2-1 victory or better here.
Check out our other free football prediction and tips for the featured matches this week.