Slavia Prague delivered a fantastic performance in Romania last week and will now be looking to get the job done at the Sinobo Stadium when they host CFR Cluj in the 2nd leg of their UCL playoff match. With a 1-0 win from the first leg, Wednesday’s hosts know that all they need to do now is get a draw or better in front of their own fans.
That win was Slavia’s first involvement in UCL qualifying this term, though that didn’t stop them delivering an effective performance on the road. They certainly didn’t dazzle but the Czech side were disciplined, tough to break down and ultimately did what they needed to.
In all honesty, Cluj were very disappointing last week. Despite playing at home, they failed to create any real goal scoring chances, while they conceded against a Slavia side that showed minimal attacking intent. To make matters worse, but their efforts on the road during qualifying haven’t exactly been satisfying. They did manage to beat Celtic away from home in the last round, but also allowed Celtic plenty of goalscoring opportunities. To be honest, they were a tad lucky to emerge winners in that match.
- Slavia Prague have kept a clean sheet in their last 6 competitive fixtures, including league games.
- Slavia Prague have won 5 of their last 6 competitive fixtures.
- CFR Cluj have won 3, drawn 2 and lost 2 of their 7 UCL qualifiers.
- CFR Cluj have scored in 5 of their last 7 UCL qualifiers, keeping just 1 clean sheet.
Slavia Praha vs CFR Cluj Prediction
- Slavia Prague have not conceded a goal in their last 6 matches, which is a testament to how good their defence have been of late. They should be able to keep CFR Cluj at bay and we are tipping them for a 2-0 win here.
Check out our other free football prediction and tips for the featured matches this week.