6th placed Nottingham Forest will travel to the bet365 Stadium to face Stoke City, who are 2nd from bottom in this English Championship match. Can the visitors further compound Stoke’s misery with another win here? Read on for Stoke vs Nottingham Forest betting tips and predictions.
Stoke’s 0-0 draw with Brentford last weekend was seen as a move forward. However, this week has been a case of one step forward, two steps back for the Potters. Following their point at Griffin Park, Stoke went to Crawley in the Carabao Cup and were knocked out of the competition on penalties after a 1-1 draw. They couldn’t get the morale booster that they needed and will now face a Nottingham Forest side in good form.
The hosts are second-bottom of the Championship table, with their early-season playoff hopes quickly evaporating. The home side were busy in the summer transfer window and they seemed to make some smart additions, but we have seen them struggle as they have yet to win a league game after 8 attempts.
Forest had a tough midweek themselves, which saw a 5-0 hammering at Arsenal. Forest should be able to put that to one side, with the league their main focus this term. The visitors finally seem to be clicking in their bid for a place in the Premier League. Sabri Lamouchi has taken them into the top 6, while they have been consistently putting points on the board. Check out more of the latest EFL Championship matches and get the most accurate football prediction by TipsPortal.
- 5 of the last 6 competitive fixtures between these 2 teams have seen 2 or less goals scored.
- The away team has never won this fixture in the last 6 meetings.
- Stoke are winless in their last 14 league games.
- Stoke have conceded at least 2 goals in their last 7 home league games.
- Nottingham Forest are unbeaten in their last 7 league games (W4 D3).
Stoke City vs Nottm Forest Prediction
- Stoke have had a nightmare start to the season and we honestly can’t see how they can end their 8-match winless run given how they are playing at the moment. The visitors come into this one unbeaten in their last 7 and we are tipping them for a 2-1 win here.
Check out our other free football tips for the featured matches this week.