Sweden will try to strengthen their place inside the all-important top 2 in Group F when they welcome group leaders Spain to the Friends Arena. Can the hosts continue to pick up 3 points, though beating a side of Spain’s calibre won’t be easy? Read on for Sweden vs Spain betting tips and predictions.
The Swedes have established themselves as narrow favourites to clinch 2nd place in Group F and they’ve done so by avoiding defeat in all but one of their 7 qualifiers, 4 of which they’ve won. The hosts have dominated weaker teams like Faroe Islands and Malta, but they’ve also done well against the better teams by drawing both home and away against Norway, while they recorded a pleasing win over Romania at this venue.
However, Janne Andersson’s side struggled to make their presence felt when they lost 3-0 in the reverse fixture against Spain, which is worrying. Playing at home will be easier than going to Spain, but they need to improve if they want to get a positive result.
After a disappointing World Cup, Spain have set about re-inventing their side by bringing in a handful of players that didn’t feature in Russia. The result seems to be good as they currently lead group with 19 points from 7 matches, scoring 18 goals. Don’t miss more of the latest Euro Qualification matches and get the most accurate football prediction by TipsPortal.
- The last 3 competitive fixtures between these 2 teams have seen ‘Over 2.5 Goals’.
- Sweden have lost their last 3 competitive fixtures against Spain.
- Sweden are unbeaten in 6 of their last 7 games in the Euro Qualifier (W4 D2).
- Spain have won 6 of their last 7 games in the Euro Qualifier (D1).
Sweden vs Spain Prediction
- This will be a fiercely contested affair as both teams come into this game in fantastic form. However, Spain are undoubtedly the better side coming into this one and they also beat Sweden 3-0 in the reverse fixture last June. As such, we fancy the visitors getting a 3-1 win here.
Check out our other free football tips for the featured matches this week.