This will be a close encounter as the USA and Mexico they face off at the MetLife Stadium. 2 months ago, these 2 sides met in the Gold Cup Final, with the Mexicans emerging narrow 1-0 winners. Now, they are back in friendly action ahead of the start of the Nations League in October and it’s going to be an interesting game as the USA will try to claim some revenge for their loss in the summer.
The USA were arguably the better side in that Final, with Chelsea’s Christian Pulisic the obvious standout. However, his team couldn’t stop a 1-0 win for the Mexicans, which means that it’s back to the drawing board for the Americans. It has been a tough year for Gregg Berhalter’s team who failed to make the 2018 World Cup and that Gold Cup loss, so they will be hoping for a morale booster ahead of that Nations League campaign.
Mexico are in good form as they come into this game unbeaten in 10 matches. They may be away to the US, but we expect the visitors to frustrate the hosts on Saturday. Instead of going through a transition period at this point, Gerardo Martino’s side are going to stick with what they know, aiming for evolution and quick fixes rather than wholesale changes. Following their strong 18 months which ended in victory at the Gold Cup, Mexico will be expected to compete here. Get to witness more for the match United States vs Mexico with our accurate football prediction only here in TipsPortal.
- The last 3 fixtures between these 2 teams have seen ‘Under 2.5 Goals.’
- USA are unbeaten in 4 of their last 6 fixtures against Mexico (W2 D2).
- USA have won 5 of their last 6 fixtures (L1), keeping 4 clean sheets in the process.
- Mexico are unbeaten in their last 10 fixtures (W9 D1).
- 7 of Mexico’s last 10 fixtures have seen both teams score.
United States vs Mexico Prediction
- The last 3 encounters between these 2 teams have all seen 2 or less goals scored and given that this fixture has often been a tight affair, we think that we could see a low scoring game here.
- This looks like a pretty even match and with Mexico having the upper hand in the recent H2H record, we are tipping this game to end in a 1-0 win for the visitors.
Check out our other free football prediction and tips for the featured matches this week.