Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s Red Devils will make the trip to Molineux Stadium to face Wolves in this English Premier League fixture. United started the season in style, beating Chelsea 4-0 at Old Trafford. Can they continue their perfect start? Read on for Wolves vs Man Utd betting tips and predictions.
Nuno Espirito Santo’s team opened their Premier League campaign with a goalless draw at Leicester. They did do better in midweek though, beating Pyunik 4-0 at Molineux to progress to the next round of the Europa League.
It wasn’t the perfect start Wolves would have wanted in the league, but the hosts can draw a lot of confidence from their exploits last season. They finished 7th in their first season back in the top flight, and their most impressive performances came when faced with the bigger clubs in the division.
Indeed, Wolves beat Manchester United twice at Molineux last season and drew at Old Trafford, and the Red Devils weren’t the only victims of the giant-killers from the Midlands. They picked up 16 points in their 12 meetings with Big 6 opposition, with 10 of those points coming on home soil.
Manchester United enjoyed a much more productive start to their domestic campaign last weekend as they thrashed Chelsea 4-0 at Old Trafford. However, the scoreline was rather flattering for the Red Devils and spoke more about Chelsea’s deficiencies than anything else, so Ole Gunnar Solskjaer will be tempering expectations at Old Trafford.
Defensively they did look vastly improved, but the failures of last season can’t simply be swept under the rug. They failed to win their last 4 Premier League away days and only kept 5 clean sheets on the road all season.
- 5 of the last 6 meetings between these 2 teams have seen both teams score.
- Wolves are unbeaten against Manchester United in the last 3 competitive fixtures (W2 D1).
- 7 of Wolves’ last 8 competitive fixtures against Manchester United have seen 3 or more goals scored.
Wolves vs Man United Prediction
- Manchester United have scored in all 6 of their previous visits to Molineux. Given how well the hosts have performed against Big Six teams at home last season, we fancy both teams getting on the scoresheet.
- United may have lost their last 2 visits to this stadium. However, there is much optimism this season with the signings of Harry Maguire and Wan Bissaka. They look much more assured at the back now so we think that they could just nick a 2-1 win here.
Check out our other free football prediction and tips for the featured matches this week.