Young Boys’ first taste of the Europa League action this season ended in an unsurprising 2-1 defeat away to Portuguese heavyweights Porto thanks to a floundering start which saw all 3 goals scored in the opening 30 minutes.
The Swiss side will be much more confident about their chances on Matchday 2 when they welcome Rangers to the Stade de Suisse. Young boys have an exceptionally excellent home record and have won 12 of their last 17 Europa League home games.
Rangers had a much more fruitful start to their Europa League group stage campaign, with an early Sheyi Ojo goal sealing a crucial win against their Dutch opponents Feyenoord. This was an important win for Steven Gerrard’s men, and it’s likely this defensive strategy will come into play again here. Rangers have scored just 4 goals in their last 5 Europa League group stage games, and they’re facing a Young Boys team that have only netted 6 times in their last 5 Europa League group matches. Check out more of the latest UEFA Europa League matches and get the most accurate football prediction by TipsPortal.
- Young Boys are winless in 3 of their last 4 competitive fixtures (D2 L1).
- Young Boys’ last 7 competitive fixtures have seen both teams score.
- Rangers have won their last 5 competitive fixtures.
- Rangers have kept a clean sheet in their last 4 competitive fixtures.
Young Boys vs Rangers Prediction
- Both teams have been in prolific goal scoring form of late. Given that Young Boys have not kept a clean sheet in their last 7, we are tipping both teams to score.
- Rangers are coming into this one on the back of 5 straight wins in all competitions. Young Boys will be a tough opponent to face but we think that they should be able to get a 1-1 draw.
Check out our other free football tips for the featured matches this week.